The Edmonton Ski Club has been a hub for ski instruction and athlete training since 1911. Open to the public, the ESC offers ski runs for all levels, a challenging terrain park, ski and snowboard lessons for children and adults, kids snow day camps, school programming, and group rental opportunities for the community.
Ice Wall at Edmonton Ski Club
Edmonton’s first & only ice climbing facility, operated in the beautiful river valley with downtown in sight is now open. The 10-m climbing wall made of ice is a new experience you can have right here in our city.
Ice climbing gear (boots, crampons, ice tools, harness and helmet) rentals will be available on site soon.
Bookings should be made in the same time slot as your climbing partner. Climbing partners must maintain 2 metres physical distance at all times unless within the same household group as outlined by AHS guidelines. No belaying will be available from ice climbing wall staff or volunteers.
What should you know before you go?
- Please wear suitable outdoor attire including warm 5-fingered gloves
- Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanieds by an adult.
- Participants must be a minimum of 14 years old to belay
- Ice climbing gear (boots, crampons, ice tools, harness and helmet) rentals will be available on site soon. Bookings for time slots on the Ice Wall are available NOW to all ACC members and the public
- The cost is $25/person for the urban ice-climbing experience
Booking can be made through the EdmontonSkiClub.com.