You know when you discover a new playground and your children request to visit it over, and over, and over? That’s how the Emerald Hills playground has been for the last few months, since we discovered the playground while running errands. Tucked away in the back of a condo building in Emerald Hills, it’s a playground with access from a biking trails, with parking on the other side.
Featuring a big playground for older kids, a toddler park and even a fitness structure, there are multiple ways that your kids will be entertained at the playground.
Features of the new Emerald Hills Playground
- Toddler playground – a smaller scale toddler playground with a climber that’s unique, and a fun tunnel for children to climb through
- Accessible swings and seesaw – the chairs on the swings and seesaw are both accessible, and a great option for adults and toddlers to swing together, and enjoy the space
- Musical aspects – there is a large scale xylophone at the playground that your children are going to love, in addition to drums that can be used to make music at the playground. This is a favourite in our house!
- Interactive games for toddlers and small children, and an incredible look through periscope
- A hammock swing, this swing is a favourite for the little kids in our group to lay on, and for the older kids to try and balance on with two feet.
- Plenty of wide open space. With so much greenspace and grass available, as well as multiple benches and picnic tables, it’s a great place to bring a lunch and spend the afternoon with the kids.
Find the new Emerald Hills musical playground at Eton Blvd & Essex Drive – in Sherwood Park. It can be a bit tricky to find, but there is parking on the street in the neighbouring community.