Stanley Milner Library is open for the weekend, and if you were lucky enough to snag one of the custom times to explore, you get to experience it first hand – if not, you’ll have to wait until the grand opening weekend is finished.
Brand new Spaces in the Stanley Milner Library include:
- Children’s Makerspace area
- Children’s library, Kindergym and area for families with young children to explore, discover and read together
- Makerspace with laser cutting, drill press and even a music and textile studio in the fabrication lab
- Gamerspace – consoles, PC and even traditional arcade games to play
- Thunderbird house – a place to celebrate indigenous communities in Edmonton
- Multi-storey interactive digital wall and life size dinosaurs and animals
- Comfort corner for quiet reading
- Educational kitchen (coming soon to the library)
You can book your time online to visit, You can book your visit online to attend the Grand Opening weekend from Thursday, Sept. 17 at noon to Sunday, Sept. 20. If you weren’t able to get a ticket for the grand opening, there is a standby line available, outside of the library.
Now that the Stanley Milner Library is open we can’t wait to explore it with the kids. The brand new children’s area looks incredible, and the installations on the walls, and art throughout the library is one of the aspects that we’re most excited about, as parents. We can’t wait to go through the library, view the art, and learn more of the local stories that the Edmonton Public Library has become so adept at sharing.
It’s unsure when the programming will resume at the library, in person, due to COVID, but we can’t wait to experience those programs once again when it’s safe to do so.
You can view the full virtual tour, here.
Photo credit: Edmonton Public Library