Edmonton drive in movies season is here – and it’s one of the last months that you’re going to be able to enjoy the movies, at the drive in, before the cold weather hits. It’s your chance to visit one of the out of the way locations, and find your favourite films, and a select few recent-releases on the big screen.
Where to watch Edmonton Drive in Movies in September
Edmonton Garrison Drive in Movie
What’s Showing? Jurassic Park 2
When: September 4, 2020
The Princess Bride Drive-in Downtown
What’s Showing: The Princess Bride
When: September 5, 2020
Baturyn Community Movie Night (OUTDOOR – Not DRIVE IN)
What’s showing? TBA
When: Friday, September 11, 2020
Ridgewood Community Movie Night
What’s showing? TBA
When: Saturday, September 26, 2020
Shaw Outdoor Cinema
What’s showing: multiple movies
When: all month long
Cost: $25/vehicle, or $19/2 people at a table
As additional Edmonton Drive in Movie nights are announced, you’ll find those right here. Stay tuned and get your tickets for the drive-in and enjoy a movie night out with the kids this summer!
Our tips for Enjoying Drive in Movie with Kids
- Check whether there are access points to bathrooms at the drive in. If there isn’t make sure that kids go before you leave (and we like to limit the drinks during the movie to reduce the need to go to the bathroom!)
- Pack snacks! Pack lots of snacks for the kids to enjoy during the drive in. Not only does this save money on the experience, but it reduces the contact that you’ll have this year, standing in line for concessions or at a food truck!
- Bring blankets, wear pyjamas. Make the experience a comfortable one! Let the kids wear pajamas and bring blankets and pillows to get cozy while the whole family enjoys the drive in movie.
- Pick the right movie! Choose the right movie. The right movie is going to make sure the kids stay engaged and interested through the whole thing. We try to skip movies the kids have seen before, unless it’s something that I know they’ll watch through again.
- For the smallest of your crew, bring other things to do, in case they get bored of the movie. That way, everyone else in the family can still enjoy the show!